Saturday, May 9, 2009

I've discovered aperture priority mode. Someone stop me.

I've been reading a lot (I mean *a lot*) of photography articles, books, pamphlets, notes on cocktail napkins....pretty much anything photography related, I'm reading it. Anyway, I've seen a lot lately on aperture priority mode. I may just be in love with this little Av on my camera dial. Basically, what this does is allow the camera to choose the best shutter speed based on your lighting conditions, but keep the aperture and depth of field you want. I wish I had the courage to try this for the portraits I did recently for a friend. The lighting in the church we were in was challenging since there was a lot of bright sunlight streaming in from many angles. I plan to use this a lot!


Seriously, I may have taken three million photos this morning. Here are a few:






One of the benefits of a week plus of rain is that your grass gets really, really, long and that makes for photo opportunities.


Another rose, because they are still doing fairly well almost a week after I received them:







No comments:

Post a Comment