Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just a few from the weekend

I really have not had much opportunity to shoot in the last couple of weeks. It seems that Mother Nature believes my town requires rain at least six days a week these days. I wish that was a joke. It's rained every day for the last week and I think it's in the forcast for the next year and half.

Ahem.

Anyway, I did get some light and a small window of time without a downpour and had a visitor in the front garden. Let me tell you, these little guys move fast. Amazingly fast for their big, round bodies. This guy was a bit heavy for these delicate flowers, so I had to act fast. Each time he stopped to grab what he wanted from a blossom, the blossom just about caved under him. I used a high ISO to stop as much motion as possible. I'm pleased with the result!



I wasn't kidding about the rain, see? I was able to catch a few drops on our Japanese Maple tree. I love how the light reflects on the leaves here.



I promise if I ever see the sun again, I'll be posting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment