Saturday, May 29, 2010

My new favorite shooting spot: Allaire State Park, New Jersey

I had a great opportunity to shoot in Historic Allaire State Park in NJ last weekend. I have to say that it is just about the most perfect place to shoot! I was there doing a mini-portrait session with my wonderful niece (that's a whole separate post!) and snapped a few shots in between portraits. The buildings are great for backgrounds here - such great details with the old brick and weathered woods. There is also a lovely pond and great sprawling lawns. I could not have had more fun!

If you are in the area and have a camera burning a hole in your hand, definitely check it out!

Just a few of my favorites -

Fitting for Memorial Day. Love the brick here and the flag just pops off the screen!




I'm digging the contrast between the iron work on the doors and the weathering on the bricks. I love the green peeking out as well:

I don't know why, but the tree branches here really grabbed me:

More branches. I like the lines here - the roof line, the bricks and the window.




I hope you enjoyed these as much as I did taking them!



No comments:

Post a Comment